Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

I want my readers to know that I am very thankful for having had such a rewarding career in the field of education. It is wonderful to meet some of my former students in stores, on the street or in church and to have them tell me that they enjoyed my classes and that they feel they feel fortunate to have taken science courses under my direction. I must say to all of them, that it is I who is honored to have been part of their lives.

To the many good friends I made while working in service of teachers as a staff member of the Louisiana Association of Educators, I can only say thank you for helping to make my career such a rewarding one!

Now that I am retired, I hope that by writing this blog I can keep educators and parents better informed and can help spread the word that education is a wonderful, noble profession that serves our children in a unique and extremely important way. Educators, you deserve to be very proud of what you do!

2 comments:

Bridget said...

I too am thankful today. Thanks to you, Mike, for taking on the challenge of keeping the citizens of Louisiana informed. The greedy Ed Deformers may have sneaked into our state, ramming this craziness through our legislature before our elected officials even realized what they had done. But thanks to you and others who have taken on the charge of making sure those very same legislators can no longer claim ignorance. Let's hope that this time they will do something to fix what they have broken.

Blaming teachers for the social ills of our state is a coward's way out. It's time for our elected officials to do their job and begin the hard work of fixing our economy and stopping Jindal from selling off our state piece by piece. He has a habit of giving multi-million dollar contracts to out of state cronies who will repay him after he is no longer our governor. Come on LA media, time to do your job and report the truth that our citizens deserve. When people have jobs and are able to earn a living wage, then the socio-economic status of families will improve. It's not Education Stupid, it's Poverty!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so thankful to have found your blog. I can trust and make decisions using the information you gather Mike!! A rare and precious thing for any public school teacher!